Saturday, July 26, 2008

NANUET RESTAURANT PIZZA

These pictures say it all. I've eaten Nanuet Pizza since I was a little kid. Back in the day before they moved to this location my father would take me on a cold winters night to pick up a few pies. On the ride home he would place the pies on a blanket and then put them on my lap to keep me warm. Back then there were only two kinds of pizza made, Cheese and what was called a Special. The Special is stilled made but only a hand full of people know its proper name. The special is a tomato, cheese and ground sausage pizza that still tastes exactly as it did when I was a kid. As with any Pizza it always tastes much better when eaten right out of the oven at the restaurant.

The Nanuet Pizza is one of the only pizzas I know of that can be half cooked, wrapped and taken on your trip to be finished cooking when you arrive at your destination. I personally have taken them to Virginia and before this country got conned into the homeland security deal pizzas were flown as far as California for a meal

No comments: