Saturday, June 21, 2008

Piermont Day Dream

Melanie invited Maryjo and my self to go for a visit at her friend Joan Gussows home. Joan lives in Piermont, New York and has one of the most wonderful yards that I have visited in many a year. When we arrived we found Joan on her hands and knees hidden behind a mass of vegetation weeding, though now that I think about the visit there weren't many weeds. I think she must have been low to the ground just enjoying her plants.
My visit today took me back many decades to the Eastern end of Long Island when my dear friend Tom took me to a very special place to meet a man named Judd Bennett. Judd lived high on a bluff overlooking the Long Island Sound up behind a light house in an old boat house that his sister Edna had moved there for him. Just like Joan his property was a sanctuary a place too come and enjoy. Then while your there you realize this is place to learn. My visits with Tom at Judd's where always very interesting and educational. Today I enjoyed watching my niece talk with Joan and hope she can spend some times with her like Tom and I did with Judd all those years ago.



No comments: